Monday, January 5, 2009

Knitting: Serious lack of progress

I knew having lasik/prk would inhibit my knitting for a little bit, but I guess I didn't realize how much. I thought maybe a day or so and then I'd be back to "normal." But, not so much. Could it be that the projects I'm choosing to knit on are small? For instance socks on fingering weight yarn with size one needles? Yes, I think it's quite a strain on the peepers.

So after attempting to work on my blue butterfingers yesterday, I gave up and started working on the husband socks.

Here is a progress shot of those:
Butterfingers sock
This is not the best detail of course, but it will have to do for now.

I made much more progress with Brian's socks, of course it's worsted weight/aran yarn on size six needles... so of course the rounds LOOK bigger. But they are coming along nicely now. I am doing the double fleck pattern which is fairly easy to remember and it's only a 6 stitch x 4 row repeat, so I'll be good until I get to the heel. I'm still not quite sure how long to make the leg. The yarn was pretty pricey and I don't want to run out, nor do I want a lot left over, sooo... I have to judge it right on. Perhaps I can do some research to see how much yarn it has taken from pt to pt and then I can properly guage how much I'll need for finishing. Or perhaps, I can take the other skein of yarn and start a toe up sock at the same time and see how that turns out. I should have done them toe up to begin with. I don't know why I didn't. Oh well, too late now, I'm not undoing the progress I've made. Although, it is still in the infant stages so the time to frog would be now... hmmm... dilemma, indeed.

Anyway, today has been spent working from home. And other than this blog update, I have actually done quite a bit of actual work. Granted, I'd rather be knitting, but who wouldn't right?! I don't know how I'm going to adjust to normal life tomorrow being back to work and all. It's been a somewhat glorious time off with lots of sleep and healing of course. Didn't do as much knitting as I'd hoped, but I also didn't think I'd be qo knocked out from the eyes. Oh well, I have plenty to keep my evenings busy!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I hope your eyes feel better soon. See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete