Thursday, January 8, 2009

Knitting: The Husband sock progresses

Due in large part to lunchtime knitting yesterday, I had a good start done on the heel flap. I then worked on it with the Wednesday gals at Choc Cafe. I would have gotten into the heel turn last night, but ended up leaving early due to problems with my eye ball. It felt as if there was something there, on the surface or under my lid that was causing severe discomfort. So I left knitting early and headed over to CVS for eye drops... which by the way didn't entirely work. By the time I got home, my eye was REALLY red, itchy and ouchy. I took some benedryl to take down the swelling. And after trying to flush whatever it was out, I went to bed early.

This morning, the irritation is back. I'm wondering if I maybe have a bump or something on my eye lid which is causing the annoyance. I'm considering calling the doc and maybe heading over there today to have it checked.

Anyway, off of that tangeant and back to socks. The heel flap is now down, so today at lunch or this evening at knitting I will be turning the heel. Then I'll be down the home stretch and dare I say I might get done with this sock by the weekend, or sometime during the weekend?! Won't that be marvelous?! And if I can do that... then I can cast on and start the 2nd sock. This is the most pull I've ever had to do a 2nd sock. Usually by the time I'm done with the first I just don't want to look at the pattern anymore. This is why 2 socks at a time has such appeal, but darnit I cannot make it work in my favor cause I hate the magic loop. But I think I just really need to get over that annoyance and do it. Cause let me just tell you I have enough sock yarn for ... well, for a lot of damn socks, so I need to do something to get them done.

And speaking of sock yarn... what the H is knit picks trying to do? Bankrupt me?! Seriously has anyone seen the new Felici stripes? OMG... I like practically ALL of them and I really want them. Oh and after seeing Liz's Patina striped socks... you can see the gorgeousness here. I'm seriously craving that color as well and it's on clearance. So ya seeeee.. when the H am I going to do all these socks?

I do have one advantage though... a wonderful book, More Sensational Knitted Socks(also on sale now at knit picks 40%), basically it lets you create your own patterned socks, so that is definitely incentive to make stuff. It allows you to put stuff together and create your own design, which for me makes knitting fun and interesting. Now... to master that 2 at a time thing....

So much knitting, so little time.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your eye is okay. I will keep good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Felici I want about 4 of those colors!!! (esp. the cochineal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your eye is feeling better. :) Thanks for bringing that stuff to group though, I've already put my lace chart up. Also, you're killing it on that sock!

    ReplyDelete