Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Knitting: not much going on around here.

So I've completely wasted the day away... darn that facebook! Shew, sucked me in. It's kind of cool, I keep finding more and more people every day that I've lost touch with over the years. Weirder still the majority of them have children now as well. I sometimes wonder if it's in the cards for Brian and I. Oh well, when the time is right it'll happen... or it won't and that's ok, too. Just take it as it comes.

In the meantime, though, I do have 3 babies to knit for. My niece addison, who'll be 1 in feb. Have a cute little colorful cardigan to make for her. And then friend Ashley is due in June with a ????. Am probably going to make booties and hat/sweater set for him/her. Her grandma is a knitter/crocheter as well and will probably make an afghan, so I opted not to do a blankie. And then SIL Kelly is due in July and I picked out a pattern and yarn today to make a blanket for her. So much knitting to do this year...sheesh!

In other news, I've got 3 socks going along. Brian's is the furthest so far, but his is also worsted weight. I haven't taken any pictures of any of them lately. Been lazy on the photo front recently. I have been doing my project 365 photos but that is about it. Although, bonus stars for me, I did photograph my new knit picks yarns this morning. I have yet to upload them. Maybe tomorrow at work or something. I mean who actually works at work... lol, just kidding!

So, dare I say it, I went shopping again?!! Good grief. I needed some needles, ended up with those AND yarn! I'm making an aran afghan with blocks, so I bought yarn for that (Cascade) and got my needles. I also purchased some of those sock needle tubes. Was going to get them at Knit picks, but they had them for a bit cheaper at the yarn shop. So I got those too. Maybe this will help keep Sophia from chewing the sticks right out of the sock. Anyway, that was all, oh and I did swing by Joanns to grab a few more SugarNCreams--on sale $1.99! YAY!

so, yeah, I'm really done now. yarn stash is fully enhanced and I need to turn into a knitting fool. FINISH, FINISH, FINISH!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I'm justifying the yarn I bought in two ways:

    1) It was on sale so doesn't count.

    and

    2) I needed it to knit up yarn that's already in my stash so it is therefore aiding in my stashbusting.

    What do you think? I feel they're reasonable.

    ReplyDelete