Friday, January 23, 2009

Knitting: It's a bloggy world

So there for a bit, I was doing well at updating progress on "things" etc. And lately, I DO have a strong desire to blog/post about this stuff, albeit mundane... but then I think about actually DOING it and I really have no desire to do so. And then I think that is odd because I feel like I have so much to talk about. I'm just lazy I guess. And it is weird considering I do like to write, although I do so infrequently.

But I do like reading blogs... it's most of my FIRL (friends in real life) that I read although, I've been trying to read the yarn harlot and knitting daily stuff, too. There really is so much out there I'd like to read/listen to podcasts etc. But since I'm so visually oriented, I would rather watch TV and knit together. I like listening in the car, but I don't have an ipod hook up to my car stereo. Someday perhaps, but right now... not a big thing... there's always more yarn to buy. :)

I'd much rather be consumed with KNITTING. I'm in a socky mood right now. And here's my BIG problemo with the socks... the effing HEEL flap. Like, I LIKE heel flaps and everything, but OMG they take so much time with the back and forth, back and forth... the monotony KILLS me. Makes me lose interest, etc.

That being said... onto my brand new schooner sock:
Sock

I am at a point where I could STOP knitting and start the heel flap, or I could keep going. I have PLENTY of yarn left, so am not worried about running out, or anything like that... but that's just it, when do I stop? AND... if I do stop, what heel do I use? For instance, most socks I've completed (again the singlets, not whole pairs people), I've used the Eye of Partridge heel. Why? Because I like it. It has a nice LOOK to it, it feels great, it's not difficult, the list goes on. I did attempt my frist short row heel on the fade away sock and while I don't like the LOOK of it on a flat sock just laying about... it doesn't feel bad on the foot and works rather nicely. So, I'm considering a short row heel for the Schooner sock (seen above).

Now about the Schooner sock (I like to say Schooner), I was REALLY not going to cast on until the Friendship sock was done. I did so say this the other day... however, then I had a couple of "bad" days where I wasn't feeling up to par so to speak, not physically, mostly emotionally, just feeling kind of worn out. SO, I needed MINDLESS knitting... just rounds and rounds of stockinette... so the Schooner sock was born. The colorway is actually called Schooner, it was SOOO last season (ha!) from knit picks and in fact you couldn't get it a couple of months ago because they didn't have any left. I believe it's because they packaged a bunch with the BEACHES sock sampler, so I ordered the whole darn sampler to get that color, that is how much I love it. And I do love it. I really enjoy these colors. And again it's quite a plain sock, no pattern or anything, but the stripes are nice and we don't want to mess with them. And speaking of stripes, I'm really enjoying all of the new KP Felici sock colors and I may end up with many stripey socks someday.

So, I am making a vow... this is going to be another full on knitting weekend for me. By the end of it, I predict I will have something done... it may be the Schooner sock, or the friendship sock or my sleeves for the Verena cable sweater... but yes friends... SOMETHING will get done!

2 comments:

  1. Whoohoo! Go Kristie Go! (Schooner is fun to say :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you good finishing vibes for a successful knitting weekend!

    ReplyDelete